Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group
The 2017 Legislature authorized the Minnesota Board on Aging to re-establish an Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group (ADWG) to review and revise the 2011 report, “Preparing Minnesota for Alzheimer’s: the Budgetary, Social and Personal Impacts.”
To view the previous 2011 report, click click here.
To view the legislative language, click here.
Working Group Members
- Person with Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis, Darrell Foss, Chairperson
- Caregiver of person with Alzheimer's, Eric Linn
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Jean Nelson
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with Care Providers of MN, Daniel Pakonen
- Home care or adult day services representative affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Peggy Gaard
- Neuropsychologist, Terry Barclay
- Alzheimer's Disease Researcher, Joseph E. Gaugler
- Community-Based Organization, Amanda Mithun
- Community-Based Organization, Dorothea Harris
- Geriatrician, Michael Rosenbloom
- Geriatrician, Edward Ratner
- MDH Commissioner Designee, Mary Manning
- DHS Commissioner Designee, Gretchen Ulbee
- Representative of the Alzheimer's Association, Heidi Haley-Franklin
- State Ombudsperson for Long-Term Care, Cheryl Hennen
- MBA Member, Sherrie Pugh
- MBA Executive Director, Kari Benson
January 8, 2018
April 24, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Maple Grove Community Center, 12951 Weaver Lake Road, Maple Grove, MN 55369
June 28, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Best Western Kelly Inn, 100 4th Avenue South, St. Cloud, MN 56301
August 14, 2018